Apr 24, 2023
Hobart Introduces FreshServe™ Self-Serve Scale
New Scale Integrates with Scan & Go Applications, Speeding Up Checkout and Enhancing the Customer Experience at the Grocery
TROY, Ohio (April 24, 2023) – Hobart introduced today its new FreshServe™ Self-Serve Scale – the latest scale solution for retail self-serve and in-store order fulfillment. FreshServe is a fully integrated scale, stand, and printer for use in retail grocery stores and is a unique solution to meet increasing demand for autonomous shopping in fresh and bulk-food departments.
Easy to use and maintain, shoppers will appreciate the simplicity of the scale, enhancing their shopping experience and saving time at check out. Pickers can quickly fulfill item requirements ensuring orders for pick-up and delivery are accurate and completed on time. The FreshServe Scale is suitable for a variety of applications and a fresh and intuitive user interface makes the scale simple to use and engaging to customers.
This new FreshServe Scale is designed for simplicity. Consumers expect more autonomy and convenience when they visit the grocery store, and the FreshServe scale delivers that enhanced shopping experience.
“We have designed this new FreshServe Scale with the utmost flexibility supporting die cut or linerless labels, a large label roll capacity and allowing for customization of keys and search functionality,” said Hobart Product Line Manager of Weigh Wrap Sheila Campbell. “Its unique configurability makes it a highly advanced self-service solution saving shoppers time and enriching the overall consumer experience all while making the grocer’s job easier and more efficient as well.”
The FreshServe Scale is designed to accommodate a variety of store areas and applications and has three available sizes which make it flexible and easy to use in multiple locations such as fresh produce, bulk foods, specialty bulk foods, salad bars, bagel kiosks and bulk candy and nuts. Several applications include:
- Set up as a traditional self-service scale to search PLUs, and weigh and label produce, reducing time at the checkout.
- Integrate with in-store scan & go programs - customers scan the barcode or QR code into their store app for dynamic scan & go shopping
- Dedicate a scale to in-house pickers fulfilling curbside pick-up and delivery orders.
- Position a scale near the self-check out to eliminate the need for auxiliary scales at the check-out kiosk.
The tall version of the scale is well suited for most produce departments, placed intentionally throughout the department for simple shopper or picker use. The grocer can place several scales throughout the department for convenient use and speeding up the shopping process.
A mid-sized shorter configuration is designed to meet ADA height requirements and customized for accessibility. It can be placed strategically in the department, ensuring unobstructed access for all shoppers.
A smaller tabletop version is designed for placement on an auxiliary stand in the produce or bulk foods area, typically situated next to display tables for instinctive shopper access and use.
All sizes have a sturdy base to ensure stability in high traffic areas and the large tiltable touchscreen has an intuitive user interface to engage customers and ensure simple navigation. Its polycarbonate bowl is corrosion resistant and removeable for easy cleaning, and compartment doors on the unit allow for easy access to the printer chamber and additional storage area.
Designed, constructed, and supported in the United States, the FreshServe Scale has features designed for convenience, flexibility and ease-of-use such as:
- Flexibility – The scale will accept die cut or linerless labels providing customers the flexibility to use either type of label with one device.
- Reduce Downtime – The scale is designed to accept a large label roll extending the usable time between changes.
- Ease-of-Use – A fresh and intuitive user interface, the FreshServe scale is engaging and simple for customers to use.
- Configurability – With options for Image Recognition, ValueMax™ level compensation, and a Barcode Scanner, retailers can customize the scale features to best suit their business model.
- Quality – The robust design and high-quality materials ensures the scale is suitable for the harsh retail environment.
To learn more about the new Hobart FreshScale Self-Serve Scale, visit https://www.hobartcorp.com/products/weighing-wrapping-equipment/scales/….
About Hobart-Weigh Wrap
At Hobart, an ITW Food Equipment Group brand, it is our mission to provide premium weighing and packaging equipment that foodservice and food retail professionals can trust to work hard and deliver quality, consistent results day in and day out, empowering them to focus on what they love most – creating great food for great people. Perfect for groceries, delis and bakeries, our innovative scales and wrapping technologies deliver the whole package you’ve been waiting for. Backed by our nationwide network of 1,500 factory-trained service technicians, we’re always nearby to install, maintain and service your equipment. Hobart is part of the ITW Food Equipment Group LLC (a subsidiary of Illinois Tool Works) and is proud to be an ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year since 2008. Explore Hobart by visiting www.hobartcorp.com, connecting with us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/hobartfoodequipment or by contacting your local Hobart representative at 888-4HOBART.
On behalf of ITW Food Equipment Group:
Kenny Consulting Group