THERE'S A REASON HOBART has BEEN NAMED "ENERGY STAR® PARTNER OF THE YEAR" FOR 15 consecutive years.
Behind every Hobart product and idea, there is a sustainable mindset that often goes unseen by our customers. From our labs to our production floor, to the cafeteria, to the CEO’s office, see how our sustainable manufacturing movement is gaining momentum and delivering eco-friendly, cost savings opportunities for our customers, our business and the environment.
Research & Development
We are dedicated to continually developing new sustainable equipment and technologies, beyond energy efficiency and 100% recyclable stainless-steel construction. As part of our sustainable manufacturing initiatives, we measure everything we do not only by its quality, but sustainability, too.
- Advansys—Hobart’s Energy Recovery System, featured in our commercial dishwashers, captures heat and steam that normally escapes as exhaust. Once captured, it’s used to preheat incoming cold water.
- Opti-Rinse™—Hobart’s exclusive rinse technology helps transfer heat more efficiently and reduce water consumption dramatically.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified products—Hobart and ITW Food Equipment Group is expanding development to nearly 400 ENERGY STAR® certified products.
- Research partnership with The Ohio State University for continually increasing efficiency and sustainability.
Material Reduction & Recycling
Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. Each of these ideas figures strongly into our ongoing sustainable manufacturing initiatives. We’re continually examining each part of our manufacturing process, resulting in savings in both cost and time. From a business perspective, it’s a smart decision. More importantly, as a corporate citizen, it's the responsible approach.
How we Reduce, Reuse and Recycle:
- Redesign, reuse or eliminate excess packaging internally and in cooperation with vendors
- Invest in research and development of eco-friendly materials
- Produce 100% recyclable stainless-steel products for many of our product lines
- Engage in ongoing company-wide initiatives to go paperless, collect and recycle waste, and partner with groups to give back to the communities where we live and work
In creating our sustainable manufacturing initiatives, we look to the creativity and ingenuity of our people who carry it out, and, in turn, carry on a new way of thinking.
Since instituting a sustainable philosophy, our family of brands have:
- Created a corporate team and smaller facility-focused teams to lead the implementation of sustainability into everyday business.
- Offered incentives to encourage employee-led improvements and initiatives.
- Introduced recycling programs for consumer cardboard, paper, aluminum cans and plastic bottles.
- Developed internal communications, programs and micro-communities around sustainability issues and efforts.